IFAW's social media comment policy
IFAW maintains an official presence on the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest. IFAW is responsible for protecting and maintaining the integrity of our social media channels and community.
We encourage all users to engage and participate in discussions on our social media channels. However, IFAW does not endorse any particular social media platform and takes no responsibility for any content that may be posted by other users. Each user is solely responsible for the content of their comments and messages. Comments or messages sent by users on any IFAW social media channel do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or policies of IFAW. Comments or messages made through IFAW’s social media channels will not, in any way, constitute a legal or official notice to IFAW or any of its entities, officials, or employees.
IFAW regularly reviews comments posted and messages sent by other users to the official IFAW social media channels. Social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. Moderating and reviewing comments and messages should only be expected to occur during normal business hours. IFAW reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any comment from IFAW social media channels for the following reasons:
- Uses profane, vulgar, obscene, racist, threatening, harassing, bullying, violent, or abusive language, images, graphics, or video.
- Incites hatred or violence, or uses hate speech.
- Is irrelevant or off topic to the original post.
- Distributes false or misleading information or makes unsupported accusations.
- Does not observe confidentiality laws.
- Does not observe fair use, copyright, or disclosure laws.
- Posts spam or advertisements, promotes products or services, or engages in coordinated inauthentic behavior.
- Uses language indicative of political campaigning or lobbying.
- Duplicates or repeats previous posts.
IFAW will also remove comments that violate the terms, community standards, rules, guidelines, or policies of the following platforms:
- Facebook Terms of Service and Community Standards
- Twitter Terms of Service and Rules and Policies
- LinkedIn User Agreement and Community Policies
- YouTube Terms of Service and Policies and Safety
- Pinterest Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
If a user repeatedly violates the IFAW comment policy in their comments or messages, or engages in disruptive behavior, IFAW reserves the right to block them from our
every problem has a solution, every solution needs support.
The problems we face are urgent, complicated, and resistant to change. Real solutions demand creativity, hard work, and involvement from people like you.