ifaw's social media comment policy
IFAW’s social media accounts allow us to connect and interact with the public. They also provide an opportunity for users to connect and interact with us, as well as with other users. IFAW requests that all comments posted on our social media channels be respectful and courteous. This Social Media Comment Policy sets forth an understanding of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable regarding posting of comments on IFAW’s social media channels.
We encourage all users to engage and participate in discussions on our social media channels. However, this does not imply that IFAW agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views stated in comments posted by users. Users are fully responsible for the content of their own comments and messages; IFAW accepts no responsibility for any content posted by users. Comments made or messages sent IFAW’s social media channels will not, in any way, constitute a legal or official notice to IFAW or any of its directors, officers, or employees.
By posting content to any IFAW social media channel, users understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that others may use posted information without IFAW’s knowledge or control. If you do not want your content made public and possibly used, published, copied and/or reprinted, do not post on any IFAW social media channel.
IFAW regularly reviews comments posted and messages sent by users to IFAW’s social media channels. Although social media is a 24/7 medium, our moderation capabilities are not. Moderating and reviewing comments and messages should only be expected to occur during normal business hours.
IFAW reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any comment from IFAW social media channels if IFAW, believes, in its sole discretion, that such comment:
- Uses profane, vulgar, obscene, racist, threatening, harassing, bullying, violent, sexually explicit or abusive language, images, graphics, or video.
- Incites hatred or violence, or uses hate speech.
- Is inappropriate or offensive.
- Is suggestive or encouraging of illegal activity.
- Is libelous or contains personal attacks of any kind, including use of offensive terms that target particular people or groups of people.
- Includes personally identifiable information, such as an email address or phone number.
- Is irrelevant or off topic to the original post.
- Distributes false or misleading information or makes unsupported accusations.
- Includes privileged, personal, proprietary, or other confidential information.
- Infringes copyright or trademark laws.
- Posts spam or advertisements, promotes products or services, or engages in coordinated inauthentic behavior.
- Engages in political campaigning or lobbying.
- Duplicates or repeats previous posts.
IFAW will also remove comments that violate the terms, community standards, rules, guidelines, or policies of the following platforms:
- Facebook Terms of Service and Community Standards
- Twitter Terms of Service and Rules and Policies
- LinkedIn User Agreement and Community Policies
- YouTube Terms of Service and Policies and Safety
- Pinterest Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
- TikTok Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
If a user repeatedly violates the IFAW comment policy in their comments or messages, or engages in other disruptive behavior, IFAW reserves the right to block them from all of our social media channels.
- IFAW makes no warranty that the information posted on its social media platforms is correct, and disclaims all liability for any loss or damage that results from users relying on the information on such platforms, whether posted by IFAW staff or otherwise.
- Links from IFAW’s social media platforms to third party websites are provided only for convenience of users. IFAW is not responsible for the information on or practices of any third party website.
- By posting content on any of IFAW’s social media platforms, users grant IFAW a royalty-free license to use the content in any manner or media throughout the world, without any obligation to you.
our work can’t get done without you. please give what you can to help animals thrive.