Leave your legacy with a gift in your Will today and help protect the animals today and for our future.
Why create a Legacy Gift for IFAW?
Here at IFAW we understand creating your Legacy Gift is an important decision to ensure your loved ones and the charitable interests you care about are included. If you are thinking of leaving a gift in your Will to IFAW, you will continue to partner with us and others on current and future projects rescuing and protecting more animals around the world.
Planning your solicitor visit
Before you visit your solicitor, it’s a great idea to plan exactly what you think you might put into your Will, dividing up everything you own (your assets) from everything you owe (liabilities).
Below is our simple checklist of things to consider:
- Make a list of everything you own (your assets).
- Make a list of everything you owe (your liabilities).
- Make a list of everyone and any causes that you might want to benefit from your Will.
- Think about two people who you would like to act as executors of your Will. Most people choose their solicitor firm to do this and they will be able to advise on the charges this will incur. You can also choose family members or friends. Think about two people who will witness your Will – you will need to ensure these people do not benefit from your Will in order to be able to witness it.
We are here to help. Get in touch.
If you are a supporter, executor or solicitor and would like more information, please contact:
if you have already included ifaw in your Will and would like to inform us of your intentions please let us know by filling out this form.
Questions and Answers
If you would like to hear more about our work or have any questions, please contact:
Supporter Relations Team
Handy information for Executors and Solicitors
If you are administering an estate that leaves a gift to IFAW, then we would be really grateful if you could notify us as soon as possible and include the following:
- Full name and address of the deceased
- The executor’s name and contact details
- A copy of the Will
- Any information you may hold regarding the reason for the generous bequest
These details enable us to stop any future mailings to the deceased and end a monthly donation if they had been a supporter of ours, and enable us to administer their estate in accordance with the guidelines produced by the Charity Commission, and our Auditors.
All gifts are looked after by our Legacy Manager in our Ottawa office and she will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you are a solicitor, please contact:
Supporters Relations and Legacy Manager