Wills & trusts
Help protect the animals you love for generations to come by making a gift to IFAW in your Will.
If you decide to leave a gift in your Will to IFAW, you have many options to choose from.
A percentage of your estate.
Also known as a Residuary Gift and is very popular. Many people choose to leave a percentage of their estate in their Will as a gift. The amount is worked out after all bills and taxes have been paid. Even leaving just 1% in your Will to IFAW will have a huge impact on the work we do in the future.
A cash gift.
Also known as a Pecuniary Gift, it is a set sum of money in your Will if you wish, and no matter how big or small the amount is, it will make a remarkable gift.
You may have an item of value that you wish to leave as a gift in your Will. This can be anything from jewellery, to a car, to stocks and shares you might own. Whatever you choose to leave, we will do our best to maximise the value of that gift so that it will make the biggest impact in your memory.
There are many benefits to having an up to date Will, peace of mind knowing that all your affairs and plans are for the future are taken care being the main one. There are also some specific benefits of this type of gift, a short list of these are below:
- Your gift could provide tax savings.
- This type of gift costs you nothing now.
- You can amend your Will at any time to reflect how your circumstances change.
- You will be remembered as someone who included a legacy to help rescue and protect animals
If you are considering leaving a gift in your Will to IFAW, you’ll need these important points:
- Our legacy legal name
- International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)
- 301 ½ Bank Street, Unit 2, Ottawa, ON K2P 1X7IFAW is not a registered charity in Canada. As a result, we cannot offer any tax receipts. We are registered as a not-for-profit organization in Canada. This will be important information for you and your lawyer.
- IFAW is federally incorporated as a Non-Profit organization. The incorporation number is 390937-9.
Our suggested wording can help you and your lawyer with drawing up a gift in your Will:
“I give, devise and bequeath to the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) , located at 301 ½ Bank Street, Unit 2, Ottawa, ON K2P 1X7, a designated portion of the residue of my estate the sum of $ xxx (or the sum of $ xxx a designated portion of the residue of my estate) to be used by IFAW to further its goal to rescue and protect animals around the world”
We’re here to help. Get in touch with the IFAW Legacy Team.
If you are a supporter and would like more information on leaving a gift in your Will, please contact:
every problem has a solution, every solution needs support.
The problems we face are urgent, complicated, and resistant to change. Real solutions demand creativity, hard work, and involvement from people like you.