For the purposes for which we collect personal information, it is not practicable to allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. Therefore, we will seek the personal information identified below.
- your full name;
- your postal or residential address;
- your contact details, including your telephone number, mobile telephone number and/or current and valid email address;
- your IFAW Supporter Number;
- your bank or credit card information;
- your registered Wildlife Carer details;
- your donation history;
- your more detailed contact preferences, demographic information (which may include, but is not limited to, your age, date of birth, marital status, number of children and wealth range), information regarding your professional interests and information about your experience with our programs and campaigns. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our programs;
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to IFAW and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes); and/or
We will only collect sensitive information where provided by you with your consent. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (such as religious affiliations, personal motivations, health and medical information, philosophical beliefs and testamentary information about your intentions), we will only use this information to serve your particular need.
Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- sign-up and/or register to become a member or supporter on any Collection Channel;
- make a donation via a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request event information or information about our programs and campaigns;
- complete and submit any forms to us (including donation forms), either physically or electronically;
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email), including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- when you donate or fundraise using Facebook Donate and consent for your details to be shared;
- when you respond to a Lead Ad on social media e.g. Facebook and sign up for future contact;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; and/or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with information about our programs and campaigns (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases, and also to advise you of other IFAW or third-party programs, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest.
We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third-party sources including list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by IFAW to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites and/or provide personal information with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
As with many websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third-party sources, including as described above, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what information, programs and campaigns are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
For more information about cookies and how you can opt out of cookies across websites other than IFAW’s website, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au, http://networkadvertising.org/choices, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at http://youronlinechoices.eu.
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- to facilitate your support of IFAW and maintain our relationship with you, such as to process your donations and to provide receipts, communicate with you on a regular basis (including via social media), ask for your participation in our programs and campaigns, and provide you with updates on our programs and campaigns and how your gifts are helping;
- to establish and maintain your support for IFAW, including by providing you with newsletters (including via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters)), quarterly magazines, annual reports and other information necessary to allow you to play an active role in IFAW via any means, including commercial electronic messages;
- to facilitate the transmission of your views on animal protection issues to government and other decision makers, if you have so requested when giving us your personal information;
- to share personal information with different departments within IFAW to enable the development of our programs and campaigns and to improve our interactions with supporters in general;
- to provide the content and information you have requested from IFAW, and to respond to your inquiries;
- to maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website;
- to send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites;
- to provide you with information about your donations (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and transactions undertaken on a Website), content, direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- to improve Website and system administration, and to make our content, communications and information more valuable to our supporters;
- to obtain opinions or comments about content, programs or campaigns and to conduct other research and development;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- to share personal information with IFAW affiliates, our promotional partners, list managers and brokers and other trusted third parties in the manner described below; to identify like-minded individuals in order for IFAW to market to them; including through third party vendors such as Facebook or other social media websites;
- to provide you with targeted advertising from IFAW when you browse third party websites and social media sites;
- for the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.