Education photos & video
Our best hope
IFAW’s education programmes empower young people and communities to take positive action for animals.
- Our Animal Action education programme reaches 7,000,000 young people in 15+ countries.
- Aboard our floating classrooms, children learn to respect and appreciate whales and other endangered marine wildlife.
- We teach community-based companion animal welfare from South Africa to Navajo Nation.
- We help local communities in Africa and Asia learn to live in harmony with wild animals.
Education in the EU
In 2012, our EU office in Brussels launched IFAW’s long-standing Animal Action Education (AAE) programme EU-wide. The AAE EU programme:
- Targets European and International schools across the continent
- Offers teachers free educational materials for classroom use on various themes
- Is a member of the European Council of International Schools
- Partners with European SchoolNet, a network of 30 Ministries of Education, supported by the European Commission
- Collaborates with the Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Involves 35 schools and counting!