Animals & Us
What can we learn from animals? Lots!
Human activities can affect animals—and sometimes jeopardise species that are at risk.
The way to protect animals is to teach our youngest students about different species, why they are important, and how our decisions impact them. IFAW's Animals & Us programme offers classroom-ready resources suitable for students aged 6-10 that share those messages, while meeting requirements of the 2014 Primary National Curriculum English, Science and Mathematics.
Each school term you’ll be able to download free activities and worksheets that include:
- Copy-and-use worksheets that teach about animals while covering Year 2-6 skills
- Non fiction reading passages that provide practice with informational text and which link to English: Reading Comprehension
- Fun lessons that link to Science: Animals including humans and Living things and their habitats, as well as Mathematics: Measurement and Statistics.
- Writing exercises to help students organise and share their thoughts that link to English: Writing Composition
- Opportunities to get creative designing posters and other crafts
Join our Art and Writing Contest
To download contest entry forms and full rules visit our Animal Action Art Gallery today »
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding these materials.
Please visit our Teacher's Library for a wealth of free online lesson plans on animal welfare and conservation themes. To receive emails alerting you to new educational resources from IFAW, please register here today.
Have you already used our programmes? We'd love to hear from you. Please tell us how we are doing and what we can do better.