Elephants photos & video
Learn more about threats to elephants:
- Facts and Fables: Are there too many elephants in Southern Africa?
- Cultural traditions in Japan may no longer dictate use of ivory
- Fatal flaw: Inadequacies of Japan's ivory trade controls
- Using DNA to track the origin of the largest ivory seizure since the 1989 trade ban
- Fact sheet: Combating poaching and other threats to elephants
- Fact sheet: Protecting elephants and their habitats
Popular posts about elephants:
- Explore educational video, activities, and curriculum for children.
- Elephant special issue of World of Animals magazine.
- Video: IFAW collaring elephants in Tsavo National Park.
- Video: IFAW elephant rescues in India and Africa.
- IFAW digital magazine and iPad app: Unveiling the Ivory Trade
- IFAW digital magazine: Using Science to Save Elephants
- IFAW and INTERPOL, working together to fight wildlife crime
- Protecting elephants: A safe life in the wild
The Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources and the Read more »
Jackson Sitonik, a married father of two and a proud game scout on the Kenyan park system’s grasslands, is a hero. Read more »
In our fight to protect endangered species, there are certain days that allow us to measure how far we have come and show Read more »
True Blood actress Kristin Bauer van Straten joined IFAW to witness the destruction of US Fish and Wildlife’s ivory Watch Video »
After speaking with ministerial level representatives from around the world at the INTERPOL - UNEP International Watch Video »
More than 500 South African school children attended Jungle Theatre Company performances. In the video above, the author Watch Video »
More than 41 tonnes of elephant ivory have been seized in 2013, the largest quantity in 25-years. However, the fact that up to 50,000 elephants a year are now being slaughtered for their ivory seems to have shocked world leaders out of their ennui an Read more »
Hope for the future of elephants grew a little rosier today, when ministerial delegates to the IUCN African Elephant Summit in Botswana agreed to take urgent action to halt poaching and ivory trafficking. Importantly, delegates committed to classifyi Read more »
It has been a bloody few weeks for elephants, following the seizure of nearly seven tonnes of ivory since the end of September in Kenya, Vietnam and Hong Kong. Today, Kenya officials said they had yesterday made a second bust of two tonnes of ivory i Read more »
Operation WENDI: IFAW and INTERPOL team up to dismantle ivory trafficking in West and Central Africa
Operation WENDI saw INTERPOL and IFAW (International Fund for Animal Welfare – www.ifaw.org) team up to target criminal organizations behind the illegal trafficking of ivory in West and Central African countries including the Central African Re Read more »
Reports today suggest that Tanzania has decided to withdraw its controversial proposal to sell over 100 000kg of ivory to China and Japan. The proposal was due to be debated in March at the next CITES (Convention on the International Trade in Endange Read more »
I can only describe Day Two of my participation in the collaring of elephants for satellite tracking as transformative. I Read more »
With dust in my mouth earlier this morning, I could only marvel at the International Fund for Animal Welfare team here in Read more »