Mike’s relevant anti-poaching experience dates back to 1976 when he joined the Army. After serving as a Special Forces soldier and an Intelligence Operator in the Military he was seconded from the South African Army to the Malawi Government’s Department of National Parks and Widlife in 1996 as security advisor. This was the beginning of his conservation career that continues today. Mike has worked in the field extensively throughout Malawi, widely in Zambia and in Gonarezhou, Zimbabwe.
As Director of Law Enforcement for the Southern Africa region, Mike has initiated and established the following projects:
1. Chikolongo Fish Farm and Fence, Liwonde National Park
2. Operation Safe Haven, Liwonde National Park.
3. Gonarezhou National Park “Mozambique Border Guard”
4. Gonarezhou National Park “Rapid Response Unit”
5. Kasungu National Park Transformation Program
6. The Malawi Wildlife Crime Investigation Unit
7. The Zambian Investigation and Intelligence Unit in the Luangwa Valley
8. The “Malawi-Zambia Elephant Landscape Program”, by extending the Kasungu National Park Transformation Model into Lukusuzi National Park and Luambe National Park
Comparative African Government and Law
African Political Studies
every problem has a solution, every solution needs support.
The problems we face are urgent, complicated, and resistant to change. Real solutions demand creativity, hard work, and involvement from people like you.