Elephants photos & video
Learn more about threats to elephants:
- Facts and Fables: Are there too many elephants in Southern Africa?
- Cultural traditions in Japan may no longer dictate use of ivory
- Fatal flaw: Inadequacies of Japan's ivory trade controls
- Using DNA to track the origin of the largest ivory seizure since the 1989 trade ban
- Fact sheet: Combating poaching and other threats to elephants
- Fact sheet: Protecting elephants and their habitats
Popular posts about elephants:
- Explore educational video, activities, and curriculum for children.
- Elephant special issue of World of Animals magazine.
- Video: IFAW collaring elephants in Tsavo National Park.
- Video: IFAW elephant rescues in India and Africa.
- IFAW digital magazine and iPad app: Unveiling the Ivory Trade
- IFAW digital magazine: Using Science to Save Elephants
- IFAW and INTERPOL, working together to fight wildlife crime
- Protecting elephants: A safe life in the wild
The Kenya Wildlife Services (KWS) in collaboration with the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources and the Read more »
Jackson Sitonik, a married father of two and a proud game scout on the Kenyan park system’s grasslands, is a hero. Read more »
In our fight to protect endangered species, there are certain days that allow us to measure how far we have come and show Read more »
In this short video above, International Fund for Animal Welfare CEO Azzedine Downes speaks to gathered press, VIPs and Watch Video »
True Blood actress Kristin Bauer van Straten joined IFAW to witness the destruction of US Fish and Wildlife’s ivory Watch Video »
After speaking with ministerial level representatives from around the world at the INTERPOL - UNEP International Watch Video »
More than 41 tonnes of elephant ivory have been seized in 2013, the largest quantity in 25-years. However, the fact that up to 50,000 elephants a year are now being slaughtered for their ivory seems to have shocked world leaders out of their ennui an Read more »
Hope for the future of elephants grew a little rosier today, when ministerial delegates to the IUCN African Elephant Summit in Botswana agreed to take urgent action to halt poaching and ivory trafficking. Importantly, delegates committed to classifyi Read more »
Chinese customs officials said yesterday they had bust two international smuggling rings responsible for trafficking nearly US$100-million of elephant ivory from Africa to China. Xinhua news agency reports that a long term investigation by China Read more »
China has historically been a significant destination for illicit trade in ivory and was identified as the single most Read more »
“While we applaud the Hong Kong, Province of China customs officers who made this discovery,” said Dr. Read more »