Philip is the UK Regional Director, heading up IFAW’s largest country office and leading a team of dedicated and highly experienced campaigners, operations and philanthropy staff. Philip joined the IFAW team in October 2014.
Working closely with key influencers in Parliament, Government agencies and the business sector, Philip strives to strengthen and develop partnerships in order to deliver increased animal welfare and protection. In addition, he ensures close working across the IFAW network to enhance priority programmes and to make sure that outcomes are met.
Philip is well versed in animal welfare, wildlife and conservation, having previously worked in senior positions across a variety of leading animal charities in the UK. His most recent role was at Care for the Wild International, where as CEO he strengthened the charity’s processes and systems to deliver strong growth of both income and output.
Prior to this, Philip focused on companion animal welfare, working in high level operations and strategic project management at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Cats Protection and Guide Dogs for the Blind, as well as in related Trustee positions.
Prior to working in the animal welfare sector, Philip worked within brands, marketing and project management for leading global organisations in the private sector.
Philip has spoken widely and frequently on a variety of animal related issues and topics, across all major TV, Radio and Press networks both nationally and internationally, as well as at events, marches and peaceful protests. In addition, he regularly contributes to blogs and editorials for leading publications.
- Care for the Wild International, CEO
- Guide Dogs for the Blind, Senior Project Manager
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Head of Operations
- Greyhound Rescue West of England, Trustee
- Cats Protection, Development Manager
- Interbrew UK, Project Manager
BA (Hons) American and Latin American Studies
- University of Manchester, UK
- Penn State University, USA
- Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile
- PRINCE 2 Project Management Foundation
- PRINCE 2 Project Management Practitioner