Elephants photos & video
Learn more about threats to elephants:
- Facts and Fables: Are there too many elephants in Southern Africa?
- Cultural traditions in Japan may no longer dictate use of ivory
- Fatal flaw: Inadequacies of Japan's ivory trade controls
- Using DNA to track the origin of the largest ivory seizure since the 1989 trade ban
- Fact sheet: Combating poaching and other threats to elephants
- Fact sheet: Protecting elephants and their habitats
Popular posts about elephants:
- Explore educational video, activities, and curriculum for children.
- Elephant special issue of World of Animals magazine.
- Video: IFAW collaring elephants in Tsavo National Park.
- Video: IFAW elephant rescues in India and Africa.
- IFAW digital magazine and iPad app: Unveiling the Ivory Trade
- IFAW digital magazine: Using Science to Save Elephants
- IFAW and INTERPOL, working together to fight wildlife crime
- Protecting elephants: A safe life in the wild
IFAW was fortunate to be invited to attend the final day's proceedings of the World Conservation Union's (IUCN) Read more »
Warning: these photos may shock some people of a sensitive disposition. "These photos are shocking; this must be Read more »
True Blood actress Kristin Bauer van Straten joined IFAW to witness the destruction of US Fish and Wildlife’s ivory Read more »
True Blood actress Kristin Bauer van Straten joined IFAW to witness the destruction of US Fish and Wildlife’s ivory Watch Video »
After speaking with ministerial level representatives from around the world at the INTERPOL - UNEP International Watch Video »
More than 500 South African school children attended Jungle Theatre Company performances. In the video above, the author Watch Video »
Chinese customs officials said yesterday they had bust two international smuggling rings responsible for trafficking nearly US$100-million of elephant ivory from Africa to China. Xinhua news agency reports that a long term investigation by China Read more »
Game Rangers International (GRI) and the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation (DSWF) welcomes the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) as a new partner of the Elephant Orphanage Project in Zambia today. The partnership between the three organiz Read more »
As many as 350 elephants are now believed to have been poisoned to death for their ivory in Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe, one of Africa’s premier conservation areas. The elephants were poisoned when poachers laced waterholes and natural salt Read more »
It has been a bloody few weeks for elephants, following the seizure of nearly seven tons of ivory since the end of September Read more »
More than 500 South African school children attended Jungle Theatre Company performances. In the video above, the author Read more »
On World Animal Day, the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) released the Chinese version of the new application Read more »