Political advocacy photos & video
Political advocacy experts
IFAW's political advocacy work
- The PROTECT campaign
- How can I work in my community to help animals?
- How is IFAW working to help animals through the CITES treaty?
- What are IFAW efforts for animal welfare at CMS?
- What is the International Whaling Commission (IWC)?
- What is the Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare (UDAW)?
- How can I learn more about ecological sustainability?
Political advocacy news
Each generation that joins the animal welfare and conservation movement brings with it new energy and new ideas. The more we Read more »
A week ago the IFAW team had arrived for Advocating species listings at CMS in Quito, Ecuador. Now the 11th Conference of Watch Video »
The countries represented at the 11th Conference of the Parties of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species Watch Video »
Today some groundbreaking decisions have been taken for the survival of sharks and manta rays throughout the globe at the Watch Video »
Conservationists launch appeal on Vulture’s day: “Ban killer drug or Europe’s birds face extinctions”
There are warnings tomorrow’s International Vulture Awareness Day [Saturday 5 September] could be one of the last the birds see in Europe. A number of conservation organisations (BirdLife International, Vulture Conservation Foundation, Wildlif Read more »
Jeff Flocken, North American Regional Director, the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW), issued the following statement in response to the introduction of the CECIL Animal Trophies Act: “IFAW applauds the swift actions taken today by U Read more »
International scientists uphold expert findings that Japan does NOT need to kill more whales for ‘scientific research’
Japan does not need to kill any whales for ‘scientific research’ this year according to scientists from the majority of countries represented at the recent meeting of the International Whaling Commission’s (IWC) Scientific Committee Read more »
Iceland’s lone whaling crusader, Kristjan Loftsson, is attempting to ship an estimated 1,700 tonnes of fin whale meat out of the country. Despite limited market for the meat and opposition at home and abroad to the bloody trade in the endangere Read more »
– Groups say uplisting species under Endangered Species Act is important tool to fight ivory trade – Today, a coalition of wildlife groups — the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW; www.ifaw.org), The Humane Society of the U Read more »
The goal of reaching Good Environmental Status in EU waters by 2020 is vital to Europeans for numerous reasons. One of the mo Read more »
While we do and should celebrate the wonder of wildlife on this day, we must face a grim reality. An Read more »
– Groups say uplisting species under Endangered Species Act is important tool to fight ivory trade – Today, a Read more »